Neu New York/Vienna Institute of Improvised Music / MOMENT MUSIC begins!!!

Dear world,

I arrived safely in Vienna yesterday. The bass I rented was dropped off and I took a nap to fight jet lag.

After dinner with my parents, I suited up with the bass and went into to town to attend last night’s jam session at U.S.-expatriate and saxophonist Marco Eneidi’s Neu New York / Vienna Institute of Improvised Music located at Celeste Jazz Bar (5., Hamburgerstrasse 18). It was great to see so many musicians and friends that I have met since I began my regular travels to Vienna in 2008. I performed duos with Marco and was part of a quartet with trumpeter Thomas Berghammer and a cellist and drummer I just met that evening! The vibe at Celeste is always positive and welcoming. I will return the night before I leave.

Today I conduct the first of three workshops entitled MOMENT MUSIC as part of Max Bogner’s Kollektiv Akt III festival. Musicians have been invited to help construct a new piece of music that will be assembled over the three rehearsals and premiered on Friday night! This is the first time I have rolled out the concepts I have been working on. I hope they are well received and I am looking forward to feedback!

I will blog as much as possible this week. I am warming up to the idea. Leave comments if you can!

In music,

TZ

Duo w/ Marco Eneidi @ Celeste

Quartet w/ Thomas Berghammer, cellist & drummer @ Celeste

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

1. Posted April 25, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Permalink

Thanks for the photos!!

2. Posted April 19, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

Hi Tom,

Thanks for sharing and hope the workshop went well!!

Best,
    Sarah

3. Posted April 19, 2011 at 6:43 am | Permalink

Its great we have you around here again…inspiration an musical fireworks…btw, I have some photos from yesterday which you can use for your blog in case you want…seeya:)